Seal diameter

Geoff C., N.Z.Geoff C., N.Z. Senior Contributor
in HUDSON Posts: 3,110
Can anyone give me the inner and outer diameters of the rear wheel seals for a '49 H.  or alternatively a current replacement number.  Thanks.
Geoff
If you're stuck in a hole, stop digging.

Comments

• Ken U-TxKen U-Tx Senior Contributor
    edited January 9 Posts: 3,094
    Ahh, I misread this, I thought you were looking for a replacement for the inner seals. The outer seal is NAPA / SKF 17310. ID is 1.750", OD is 2.441", thickness is .250".
  • Ken U-TxKen U-Tx Senior Contributor
    edited January 11 Posts: 3,094
    Geoff, I sent you to emails on the 776S carburetor. I think they must be going into your spam box as I have not gotten a response from you. Your email address on the "send a message"  on this forum is broken up into two partial  undeliverable addresses. You might want to ask Rick Clark or Jon Battle in getting that fixed.  You correct email does show up on your profile, but it isn't configured correctly on the message send form.
  • Huddy42Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    Geoff, these are readily available off the shelf, have just purchased some for the '42' just took the old ones down for sample. The old sealco numbers are.  1188 and 1302.
  • Geoff C., N.Z.Geoff C., N.Z. Senior Contributor
    Thank you all.  I have been away for a few days and unable to  check back here or answer emails.  My older brother died and we have been attending to matters therewith.
    Geoff.
  • Huddy42Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    Sorry to hear Geoff.our condolences to you and the family.
  • Geoff C., N.Z.Geoff C., N.Z. Senior Contributor
    Thanks Les. It was a relatively peaceful  end to a rather sad life.  He was estranged from  his family and living alone.  We are interring his ashes next week.