Back from Body/Paint

The Hornet comes out for the first time since June and sees it's own shadow.......dang! Six more weeks of Winter.

To answer Kerry's question, the paint is BASF's "Glasurit" Color code MM 249.13

I hope some one can advise me on where all of these boxes of parts go.

Frank

Comments

• Ask Pat she took it a part for you

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited January 2017
    Glasurit is an excellent high end paint company. Looking good!
    Please have them put a coat on the "models", they must be cold!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Frank-

The parts go on the car. ;)

She's looking great, by the way!
  • onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Frank,

That looks beautiful!  I don't know if you noticed or not, there are snow tires on the front, did the shop get the body on backwards?

John

p.s. I just got a vehicle back from the paint shop also.

• Those fronts are studded and have to be off by April 1 anyway.

I knew the parts went on the car, but just don't know where. Pat was drunk when she dis-assembled it, so she'll need to get drunk to put it back together. Looks like she's getting started right now.

Killer beautiful Packard!

F

• Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

I am guessing that there will be a 3rd brake light installed.  Seen a few-it seems to be the new "in" thing.

• Congratulations,
    looks like a top notch job.
  • Looking good Frank.  
    Better than mine.
    Drop me a line.
    Ryan L - Seattle-

• 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I've always loved that color.  

It was originally color #66, "Dark Platinum" and repainted once, purportedly with paint from Hudson logo cans (see avatar). Rumor had it that the painter was reluctant to use 30-year-old paint (at that time) but did it at the urging of the owner.

This color was a choice based upon the original and our own preferences. It actually came out much closer to the #66 than we'd envisioned.

F

• Ryan,

Plz check PM,

F

• Thanks. Pat will be pleased to get her Jet back too. I've got it in my shop for a Hydra-Matic overhaul so the only available space is tied up with that 'til I get parts and reassemble it. It suffered from "worked-on-itis" by a few too many people who didn't know what they were doing. I'm hoping just one more will do it.

F.

• Yup. I think it was intended to be a drain in the event of gasket leakage. Pretty good idea, I'm thinkin'.

F