47 pickup truck visor wanted

Does anyone have a visor on a 47 pickup or car? If so where did it come from? What style could fit on this body style? Love the look and would like to have one on mine. 

Comments

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Steve Welzbacker has this one on his 47 pickup,  I think it was on the truck when his dad purchased it many years ago.  Steve may know who manufactured it, he is in the new roster, Washington, State.  

John Forkner
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Expand your search to 40s cars.  Same thing and a better chance to find one.
  • Except ,, trucks have no gutter rails. So if you think you have found one that's fits a car , guess what , it won't work on the trucks. Ask me how I know if you like.  Others have done some pretty poor fixes like drilling holes and bolting threw the cab , but I've yet to see one that looks good. 
    I would be interested in hearing what Steve's
    truck has had done. It's been 30 years since I've seen it. 
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    In 2015 this was at the Western Regional..  It looked natural and would be a workable task...
  • Jay_G
    Jay_G Expert Adviser

Yes, there are no drip rails.  So what I did is took part of an old cut up stepdown dash and found the proper angles I needed.  Cut that out and pop riveted the "new drip rail piece" into place.  Depending on the door gap it just clears.  But my visor is an different aftermarket one.  It has a much smaller attachment point than others.  The center clamp is what really keeps the visor in place on the freeway.

Jay