1921 Hudson super six barn find

Just bought a 21 Hudson super six, it apparently has been in a barn since 1930, and has not been run since. I am new to this and need all the help I can get.

Comments

• Congratulations.
    First bit of advice, post pictures.
    We are visual creatures, and need pics.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the H-E-T Open Forum!  Sounds like you've latched onto a real rarity, something that has gone untouched for 86 years!

First, could you give us some idea of where you are located?  Possibly one of the Forum members with a '21 might live near you, which would be handy if you're trying to determine if all the components on your car are the original type.

Second, I'll put in the obligatory "pitch" for he H-E-T Club (which sponsors this forum).  It is a great source for technical and historical information, and a portal to a network of Hudson owners around the world.  They also print a fine bi-monthly magazine, and have a website that offers members the chance to download a good deal of technical information and manuals.  You can go there to learn more about the Club: http://www.hetclub.org/  You may wish to join; if you'd like a free copy of the magazine sent to you, just ask John Forkner at HETForkner@aol.com -- drop the "HET" before mailing, and write :HET Membership" in the subject line or it will be thrown out by John's spam robot!
  • is there any chance i can get this thing running?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Anything is possible, but hold off trying to start it until you hear from us!  (Certain things, like gasoline and oil, "go bad" over time and need to be replaced, and the oil pan certainly should be dropped, and cleaned out before attempting to start the engine.  Also, the clutch (as you may know) runs in a bath of oil.  The corks on the disc will almost certainly be bonded to the clutch plate, and the clutch needs to have a solvent poured into it, to begin the separation process.

Where are you located?  Maybe one of our forum members (with knowledge of the older engines) lives near you and would be willing to lend some advice.  Also, there are people in the Hudson club with knowledge of these older engines, who live across the country and one of them might live near you.
  • i am in west bend, wi. vandals had broke out all the glass, stole misc. items such as motometer,shift knob, etc. the passenger door post is rotted, needs new tires. my last barn find car that was sitting a extended period of time i took out the radiator and gas tank, and had them boiled out. I will wait for members sugestions
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Not sure I know of any Hudson experts in the West Bend area but perhaps someone will jump in here, who lives just down the street!  if the engine doesn't turn freely, you might want to shoot some penetrating oil down the spark plug holes.
This discussion has been closed.