Something that was a Hudson at one time

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Actually, I think the dash is from a '51 Ford!

And I think the seller is "one of us"....a fellow who restored the famous 1946 "Golden Hudson" after it burned in a fire many years ago.
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited December 2016
    I saw a '52 or '53 Hornet a number of years ago in N. CA that had a Buick 455 in it and it looked like it belonged there.  If only Hudson could have gotten their act together a big block V8 of some sort would have been cool.

Jon I think you are right about the dash I did not think it looked Desoto.
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I think they missed the mark on the dash on the blue car.  It takes away from rest of ride.  
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    The picture Jon posted is a Yellow 51 Ford. The custom car dash does look like the Desoto/MOPAR passenger side glove box. The driver side looks to be Ford but the Mopar for that era was very similar. I wonder if anyone has a picture of a Desoto or Dodge dash? My neighbor had a 56 Dodge and that sure looks the familiar..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    edited December 2016

Nope jon, here is the car that Glen built.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Hudson-Hornet-/291968602332?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43faaf50dc:g:S6UAAOSwnHZYTIyq&item=291968602332

I  Guess I should read all the posts before I join in?

50C8DAN Check these photos of Glen's car.  This is the one you are talking about.  Watched him do the dash work.  Desoto and Hudson mate:

• 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    The dash I'm sure took a lot of time but would have been sweet with paint. 
This discussion has been closed.