Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Edmunds did.  Here is one:

• 50ClubCoupe
    50ClubCoupe Member
    edited December 2016
    I didn't realize they made a twin setup for the 8.  Anyone have a setup for sale?

This could be the deciding factor in my '37 Deluxe project.  I was going to install my spare 262 with Twin H because I wasn't aware of a dual intake for the 254.  If I can find a dual intake for the straight 8 I would rather install the 254 and keep the car in the original 8 configuration.
  • forget reproducing the twin H for hornet.  do these instead!
  • allan said:
    forget reproducing the twin H for hornet.  do these instead!
    YES!!!!
  • That's only the second one of those I've ever seen. Passed one up on ebay a few years ago 'cause I wasn't sure what it was. Went cheap. The seller knew it was for Hudson but said he thought it was for a 4 cyl.  dang!

I want one.

F

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor

Jeez talk about over carbureted! two 2bbls !

Maybe if you adapted a pair of those Holley progressive 2bbls. or a couple small WA1's?

• The little Stromberg 81s should do the job.  I run two 81s on my 200 cid Model A and it runs like a top.  Should be good for the 254.
  • I had a pair of 990s WA-1s in mind. It should be pretty much equal to the 262 Twin-H in terms of fuel appetite.

Of course, it wouldn't be a "bolt-on" deal with that manifold.

F

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor

Yup....I was pretty sure that wouldn't be hard to find. Chances are I'll never do such a thing, but one must dream. I've got a shop full of dreams......and good starts....and potential.

Thanks for the tip.

F

• Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Now, if you wanna talk rare, there's this one, for a 308.  Only seen this one (The one Glen Johnson has is this same piece).
This discussion has been closed.