Removing the inner fender on a Jet

LHudson
LHudson Expert Adviser
Wanting to remove the inner fender on a Jet. The Body Manual does not cover it's removal. It covers the removal of a fender but not the inner fender panel. In the Body Manual it is referred to as (the fender side shield). It must be detacthed from the fender for it's removal,the fender. Removal of the side shield is not covered.  Any help in this project would be appreciated.  Thanks   LHud

Comments

• I've done it several times on the passenger's side inner fender panel and possibly once on the driver's side (I lose track sometimes).

The obvious part is the connection to the fender at the inside-top. The rest is just a matter of removing the obvious bolts and screws that attach it to the radiator support and body at the rear. There are a couple of bolts hiding at the front around the headlight bucket, as I recall.

Once most are removed, wiggle it to reveal any remaining attachments and bring it out through the wheel well opening. Of course the wheel must be removed and it 's best (maybe mandatory) to allow the suspension to hang as low as possible while removing the panel. It's tight but it will come out.

Others may have better advice but that's my take on it.

F

• LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    Thanks Frank. The one that I need to work on is the driver side. Need to work on the battery box area. I had already deducted that it must come out over the suspension.  Thanks again.   LHud
  • L,

It does come out in a similar fashion but with more things to deal with first. Patience, my friend. Sorry I couldn't been of more help.

F

• LHudson
    LHudson Expert Adviser
    Thanks.  Maybe someone has done this. There are more people working on Jets than there use to be.   LHud
This discussion has been closed.