WGD Carter

Geoff
Geoff Senior Contributor
My '53 Hornet, r.h.d., assembled in South Africa, has never performed up to what I would have expected, and is  temperamental when cold particularly.  It has a WDO carburetor fitted, which I suspect may not even be off a Hudson.  There is no ID tag on it.   Does anyone have an original  WGD carburetor that I could purchase? According to the 1953 Supplement it should be a WGD-2115S.   My car does not have the original engine, but is within the  number range for 1953, so it is correct for the car.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Geoff 

Comments

• As Ken said and he is correct, a 776S is what you want.  If you can't find them locally, I have them.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Lance I sent you a Private Message re purchasing a WGD.
    Geoff 
  • Lance I sent you a Private Message re purchasing a WGD.
    Geoff 
    Geoff, I have replied back. 
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    My 49 came with a WDO which I'm still using but not real happy with it.  I think it evaporates too much fuel.  I think the vents are part of the problem.  It loses it all in 2 days resulting in excessive cranking.  I have a few WGDs on the shelf.  I'm going to switch to one to see if it works better.  Must have been better, if Hudson switched to them.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Lance, thank you.  However I can't seem to access private messages any more.  I wonder what has happened?  Could you please email me on NZGeoffclark@xtra.co.nz  (leave the NZ off the front).   thanks, Geoff
  • Will do Geoff.
  • What carb went on the 8's, specifically a 41 Commodore 8?
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    The 41-47 8 cyl. used WDO 502 S   . If you find a 501S this is for the 6 cyl. 212CU,
This discussion has been closed.