6 volt headlight globe

I see that on the USA eBay site people are selling 1 globe for $14 plus - just wanted to make you guys aware that a chap who owns a secondhand store here in Hampton Australia has a crate of them and is selling a pack of 10 for $14.99 aus - I've bought a few cartons for my 1936 Hudson to last my lifetime - as they aren't made anymore you might think of buying a carton rather than buying just an only - plus the carton is original 1930's - it's on the aus eBay site cheers Ken

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    By "globe", do you mean "lamp" or "bulb"?   If so, are you aware that a fellow in Australia is making the much-brighter quartz-halogen headlight bulbs in six volts for pre-1940 cars, with the "prefocus" base (3-hole) which should fit your car's socket?  I've used them before in my 1937.  As for the older type bulbs, one can occasionally find an original 50-50 candlepower one for sale, but otherwise your "original" lamps tend to be the anemic 32 candlepower models, which don't give that much light.
  • Thanks Jon, yeah was aware of chap in south Australia offering a great product. My Hudson is a daylight car only - so I'm more interested keeping it old style. :-) But thanks for the concern cheers Ken
This discussion has been closed.