46/7 headlights

Can anyone direct me as to where I can get 6v headlights from. I have heard or read that good modern ones are avadible. Also , is there a source for the 4" H-2 6v amber foglight bulbs? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Paul,

Into Google put:

6 volt sealed beam

You will see lots of suppliers.

I don't know the bulb number for the fog lights.

Per
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You're speaking of post-1940 sealed beams, or pre-1940 bulb/reflector/lens lights?
  • I have NOS 6 volt sealed beams I'd be happy to sell you.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Regular headlights are #6006
  • I need some help guys. If 6006 are the regulars , what are the upgrade ones to get. When I look on line there are literally dozens. I can't believe there so many to chose from. Incandescent, halogen, hologen buld. Most offer a vehicle index and when I pull my year , make , and model all from their list, they all come up as incompatible , but when I look at all the photos they are exactly what I'm looking for. Need some help Please. Paul.
  • Hi Paul. Google eBay for 7" Halogen Sealed Beam Glass Headlight Head Light Headlamp Bulbs Pair 6V 6 Volt. They would be considered an upgrade and not look out of place. One thing to be cautious of is the beam pattern for RHD. Pretty much all the lamps you will find are designed for the American LHD market and the beam pattern should vary accordingly. In practice, you/Motor Transport Authority may not notice. I bought some for use in Australia. Over the weekend, I'll test the beam pattern and see if they "kick up" either side or not.
  • I drove a 1946 Super Six in Kenya for two years, which I brought from the U.S.  The rural roads did not have a white line at the edges, and it was a real nuisance that my low beams moved to the right.  I could not find 6 volt sealed beams there which were designed for the RHD market.  Fortunately the grille on these cars has a nice place to mount spotlights!  I bought two "pencil beam" spotlights, and aimed them to solve the problem.

Per
  • I tested the halogen sealed beams last night and the pattern is much like a snakes eye. A center spot with a wide flat beam either side. You could probably aim them for use in a RHD car OK. All Australian suppliers of 6V sealed beams are supplying either Asian or US product which are both LHD so the large market for these for the older locally produced cars must be making do with them.
  • I never thought about the beam difference between R & L hand drive lights. Very interesting. I'm from NZ. And so is my 29 Hudson. But we all live in British Columbia Canada now. My 46 pickup is LHD. Thanks for helping me out. I have a pair of the halogen ones on order. I drive my truck a fair bit and the original lights just don't cut it for safe night driving . Paul.
This discussion has been closed.