WTB Venitian blinds

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
I sure would like to put a venetian blind in my back window of my 49. Anyone have one for sale or parts that I can copy?

Comments

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    Dave,

The brackets are going to be the hardest part, the blinds can be purchased at home improvement stores and can be cut and trimmed with scissors.

John

• There are several companies online that make them.
    I bought a set for my car, ran about a hundred bucks. Trim to fit with sissors.

Rob
  • Dave, I've got them. They will cut down on visibility though.
  • SuperDave
    Can't be any worse than the convertible "Mail Slot" rear window!
  • SuperDave said:
    Can't be any worse than the convertible "Mail Slot" rear window!   VERY TRUE

• 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    Lance   -   Do you have them for the '54 Club Coupe?
  • cpr3333
    cpr3333 Expert Adviser

My dad tells me that my car originally had Venetian blinds.

He took them out and tossed them them shortly affter buying the car in the late 50's because they were tearing up the headliner.

Had anyone else heard of that problem?

• Jerry, I guess you could. I really don't know. They were made for Volvos but they will work on Hudsons. But I can't say for sure how they would do on your coupe.
  • SuperDave
    ......Kewel........!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    I have the oem venetian blind set installed in my 1953 and 1954 sedans. The mounts are designed to support the blinds and the ends fit under the window seal. For larger windows a cross brace is needed at the bottom as the mount will not reach the bottom seal lip. The installation in the 1953 is 15 years old and it has given no problems.
  • I had some on my 51 Hornet sedan. They installed OK but I later took them off. Looked OK but it really didn't do much for relief of summer heat. 
This discussion has been closed.