Need help ID'ing

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Where do I look for a frame serial number?

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Take a look at this listing (on this forum) as this is the same body and much of the basic work is done and it matches your plan 1935 Hudson - project resto-rod
  • Thanks, I'll check it out.

POPS
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    If it's a 35 there was originally a tag on the upper driver's side of the cowl on the engine side.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Welcome Pops,  My daughter gave me this sign several years ago. Bought
    on line" somewhere.
  • If it's a 35 there was originally a tag on the upper driver's side of the cowl on the engine side.
    Thanks.  I saw the spot on the cowl where a tag was at one time.  Did the '34s have the tag there also?

• SuperDave said:
    Welcome Pops,  My daughter gave me this sign several years ago. Bought
    on line" somewhere.

Thanks.  Nice sign.  My oldest son started calling me "Pops" 35  years ago and it stuck.   
    Sometimes I don't even answer to my real name.  But that may be because I'm old.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Pops, try looking for a stamped-in number somewhere on the frame rail, on the passenger side, between where the cowl is bolted down, and where the front axle would be.  Look on the top of the rail, and on the outside surface.  This was Hudson's practice later in the 1930's, and it may have been the practice in 1934 as well.
  • Thanks when i get it drug home I'll see what I can find.  
    Some one told me the body is welded to the frame from the factory.  I find that hard to believe.
    Any truth to it?
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Nope.  Bolted to the frame.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited November 2016
    Viewed the 1935 hot rod today. If you are a restor Rod Hudson person this should be on your look and see list!
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    POPS47 said:
    If it's a 35 there was originally a tag on the upper driver's side of the cowl on the engine side.
    Thanks.  I saw the spot on the cowl where a tag was at one time.  Did the '34s have the tag there also?

Guy to ask would be Paul Schuster.  He has a 34  HETHUDSON1957@AOL.COM  and don't use the HET.  As for welding to the frame, he's thinking of a stepdown, (48-54)

This discussion has been closed.