Step down 49 hudson convertible

49johnny
49johnny Member
edited October 2016 in Vehicles
Hi guys wondering if anybody would be interested in a 49 convertible or know the value it was a good rust free find dismantled for restoration was started all metal acid dipped new refinished dash most stainless redone as well as bumpers redone nice top I have a lot of duplicate stuff as well 2 powertrain s the 49 with standard and a 52 with automatic and even have a 49 commodor complete needs restore

Comments

• If want pictures let know
  • Pics of them as well of my custom,49 crownvic police interceptor package full suspension
  • Pictures
    49johnny said:
    Pics of them as well of my custom,49 crownvic police interceptor package full suspension
  • Here's pictures
  • Another picture
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Hello, Johnny:

Welcome to the Forum.  I'll leave your post under "Hudson" but you might want to move it to the "classified" section once you come up with a price.  There would definitely be interest in this car, but (not being an appraiser) I can't suggest a value.  Others will.

I don't know if you have already sent this to the WTN for publication (assuming you are in the Hudson club).  If not, it's way too late to make the next issue (Oct. 1 was the deadline) but you would definitely want to list it in the next issue, as there are probably a lot more Hudson-oriented readers there, than readers of the Forum.

If for some reason you are not aware of the Club, here is the homepage link:  http://www.hetclub.org/
  • Thanks where and how do I get classifieds
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Where are the cars located?
  • Manitoba Canada wpg
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I moved your discussion to the "Vehicles" (wanted or for sale) section.
  • hey whats that grill?
    1950 Buick?

flick up some pics of the front of that car.

im looking at using a 50 buick grille if i can get one at a decent price on my 49 Hudson.
    Any issues? hows the fit?

Alex
  • Fits well I'm not finished yet going to move it up more then modify original bumper below it the best part of my ride is the crownvic boxed fits really nice goes like a scared rabbit with the fuel injection interceptor and I changed rims to original s they fit nice and go tubeless
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I have a friend here in Melbourne Fl. USA that has a 52-53 Hornet four door that has a 50 Buick grille. it's a basket case. No engine etc. bet he would sell the thing cheap. PM me if interested.
  • cool.
    I plan to remove most of the Hudson grille and bumper.
    Keep the top mustache bar with Hudson logo then have the Buick teeth in the gap below.

So i guess like what you are saying raising it up a bit.
    So will cover the current Hudson parklights but thats no biggie as I will turn the ones in the Buick grill to parks and add some Lucus Beehive  style indicators just under the headlights.

Just flicked you a message Dave.

Alex

• Thanks glad you like my art
  • 49johnny said:
    Hi guys wondering if anybody would be interested in a 49 convertible or know the value it was a good rust free find dismantled for restoration was started all metal acid dipped new refinished dash most stainless redone as well as bumpers redone nice top I have a lot of duplicate stuff as well 2 powertrain s the 49 with standard and a 52 with automatic and even have a 49 commodor complete needs restore

Can you send me a few more photos of the convertible please John? m.patterson56@yahoo.ca I'm still trying to come up with the scratch!

Mike Patterson

• This the Mike I know
This discussion has been closed.