Gas line

I'm in need of a gas line for my 4 door 52 Hornet. Is there a place that manufactures them or what's my options?

Comments

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

I just make a new Line using a roll of soft steel or copper tubing available at most Auto Stores then buy a short piece of gas line hose from frame to fuel pump. The soft tubing can be easily bent to duplicate the original line.
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Been using copper fuel lines in my 28 Essex for at least the 50 years I've owned it & that's how it came to me. Never had any problem!!
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    I'm with Ken on this one. From API data on E85 fuel. Copper: Copper is undesirable in fuels because it can decrease fuel stability thereby contributing to increased gum formation. It can be stated that the addition of anhydrous ethyl alcohol to gasoline provides benefits such as a reduction of gum deposits in an engine per liter of fuel consumed. Now, copper interferes significantly in the gum content of gasoline, because it is a catalyst of radicalar oxidation reactions and it accelerates peroxidation. Therefore, this metal must be avoided in any metal alloy that comes into contact with gasoline in the feeding system of engines. Tom
  • DavidC
    DavidC Senior Contributor
    I bent and flared lines out of SS.  Can get lengths of straight SS tubing with proper fittings, then bend to contour to frame.  Available at inline tube.  Permanent and beautiful, though not the easiest to work with.   
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    But it will last forever being stainless steel
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    more like WAAAAYYYYY easier.  
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Ken, where does one buy the Cunifer tubing?
This discussion has been closed.