INSTANT MESSAGES

SuperDaveSuperDave Senior Contributor
in OFF TOPIC Posts: 3,271
Bobdriveshudsons sent me one. I got an email notification of it, but it never showed up in my messages? replied by IM, but don't know if he got the IM. Also sent one to oldfarmer but no answer. Is it possible that some of these messages disappear? Anyone else have problems? or is it me. (Most likely!)

Live in the past.... it's cheaper.

49 Super six Brougham

49 Commodore Eight Convertible

Melbourne, Florida

Comments

• Oldfarmer1947gmailcomOldfarmer1947gmailcom Expert Adviser
    Super Dave I checked the PM and none from you found send me an email with question comment. I get those from the forum as well as PM notices.
  • bull_islanderbull_islander Expert Adviser
    When I've gotten messages, they show up on the mail icon on top left.  

If you're sending a message, make sure that when you click on a persons ID, that you then click on message over on the upper right.  If you type it in the activity box, it doesn't go anywhere (guilty of that more than once).  One of the moderators like Rick will see something odd and move it and let you know.
    Steve Clarke
    Southeast Virginia
    1954 Hornet convertible

• 46HudsonPU46HudsonPU Administrator

If you attempt to send a PM, P-L-E-A-S-E  make sure to click the 'Message' button.  DO NOT use the 'Activity' window in your attempt to send a PM (Private Message) - 'Activity' posts don't go ANYWHERE, and there are no notifications.

R-E-A-D the warning message (in everyone's profile area, highlighted in yellow) indicating that you should not use the 'Activity' window, and pointing you to the 'Message' button to send a PM.

• SuperDaveSuperDave Senior Contributor

OK  I got an email telling me that Bobdriveshudsons sent me a message. I read the message on my email account. When I went to the PM area to respond. His message was not there???'splain that.

Live in the past.... it's cheaper.

49 Super six Brougham

49 Commodore Eight Convertible

Melbourne, Florida

• bob wardbob ward Senior Contributor
    FWIW I don't much trust forum message systems, that's any forum not just this forum, I always try to shift the private conversation off the board and onto email.

YMMV       bobwardDOTlaidleyATgmailDOTcom
    Lockyer Valley, Queensland
  • 46HudsonPU46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 536
    SuperDave said:

OK  I got an email telling me that Bobdriveshudsons sent me a message. I read the message on my email account. When I went to the PM area to respond. His message was not there???'splain that.P

Posted to 'Activity', which is closed.  As stated, we can't remove that 'Activity' window in a member's profile, and some attempt to use that 'Activity Window' as the PM area.  Can be posted-to, but cannot be accessed/read.  Posts to that area do not show-up as PMs.  That's the reason for the warning message highlighted in Yellow(on each user's profile page), instructing members to use the 'Message' button to send a PM... 
This discussion has been closed.