46/47 Hudson Pickup - Offers?

charles4d
charles4d Expert Adviser
edited October 2016 in Vehicles
46/47 truck for sale b/o very rusty for parts Has a 232 i think or 262 not sure has been rebuild trans first gear is shot in it ran off of gas of propane set up ran when parked. Saved from the crusher .i live in Md.443 801 0468 i have 500.00 in it

Comments

• dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    Hi Charles. I'm assuming you are referring to my late uncle's truck. I remember that truck very well and the engine is a 262 with a 308 crankshaft. The pistons were custom made and take Chevrolet piston rings. I will be happy to talk to any prospective buyers and tell them what I can remember about it. BTW, thanks for rescuing it. I was not in a position to do so and it would have gone for junk if you hadn't.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Charles - Where in Maryland?  Is the truck a 'roller'?

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Essex yes it will roll it has a 262 with a 308 crank and chevy pistons
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

At that price it's a good deal as a dragger.  Engine works out to 269 if it hasn't been bored.

Whoever gets it send me the SN and Name please and I'll add it to the roster.

HETcramerlp@roadrunner.com and drop the HET

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Any questions about the truck refer to hetdwardo99 drop the het on the forum
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    I think I remember it was bored. .060 I think. He did let me drive it when I got older and it ran very well. 
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Floor is solid metal in bed
  • Uncle Josh
    OK, that would make it a 278
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited October 2016

Chip - Changed the title, to provide a bit more info.  May generate some more interest, who knows?

Just posting here, so that it brings it to the 'top'...

• If its still available, do you have photos?
  • For the guy keeping count the vin is 3835882

The vin for my timageruck 1784557
  • charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    Truck has been sold
  • Uncle Josh
    For the guy keeping count the vin is 3835882

The vin for my timageruck 1784557
    imageOK, the first number is for a 46, the second for a 47  Which truck is which truck?

The 46 is in my old HET Roster assigned to Willie Woods.  It is not in the current roster

The 47 is in the current Roster, but our wonderful search engine doesn't link it to an owner, which would have been easy to do if we'd have used a simple Excel spread sheet like I do, and it's all on one sheet of paper like Pres. Eisenhower said things should be.  Way too complicated trying to keep track of this stuff for you guys.

Larry Cramer
    HET Commercial Registrar

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    The number is 3835882 for the truck
This discussion has been closed.