1950 Hudson vinyl

ernie28
ernie28 Expert Adviser
Looking at the budget to get the interior done. I have the seat material sorted and on hand but now need to get the vinyl as close to original. Can anyone advise a supplier who will export to NZ if I can't get it locally?

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Alistair,
    Try my mate (we were on the same primary school committee) Lance Parker at Rotary Motor Trimmers 04/384-3321, 33 Home St Mt Vic, Wgtn. He's been in business for a long time & is interested in vintage cars & did both 28 Essex Coupes.
    Dave Y
  • ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    ESSX28-1 said:
    Alistair,
    Try my mate (we were on the same primary school committee) Lance Parker at Rotary Motor Trimmers 04/384-3321, 33 Home St Mt Vic, Wgtn. He's been in business for a long time & is interested in vintage cars & did both 28 Essex Coupes.
    Dave Y
    Thanks for the heads up David
  • cpr3333
    cpr3333 Expert Adviser

I got mine from SMS.  They did the fabric so I figured they would be able to match the vinyl as well. 

I think I remember hearing third hand that it was a bit hard to work with - a little too thick or stiff but I think it turned out pretty well.

• ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    cpr3333 said:

I got mine from SMS.  They did the fabric so I figured they would be able to match the vinyl as well. 

I think I remember hearing third hand that it was a bit hard to work with - a little too thick or stiff but I think it turned out pretty well.

Looks a fine job. Thanks for the tip.
This discussion has been closed.