1937 Hood Ornament Needed!

BigSky
BigSky Senior Contributor
I really need to find a hood ornament, ornament base & badge for my 37. Please help!

Comments

• barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    I hope you get lucky. If you do, you would have been kissed by a fairy on your ....  I have three 1937 Terra's and would like the same parts also. I have seen these parts in bad condition sell for a lot on Ebay. I hope someone will stand up and have a few reproduced. The cost to repair a damaged pot metal part that may not be as strong or as long lasting as a reproduced part, could be a similar price to a reproduced one. Good luck, barry 
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Hi there.

Is this for a restored car of a Rod and where are you situated.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Just to cflarify, Big Sky:  this is for a HUDSON, not a Terraplane.  Right?  Some people might not realize that if they haven't been following your various posts.
  • I've got those parts for a  37 Terraplane but not a Hudson. A 36 Hudson yes, but not a 37.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited September 2016
    FYI

I may have a Hood Ornament for a '38 Hudson that takes a Red plastic Wing, Unless your going for originality who would know.. As you may know '37 Hudson has a long single upward point where '38 Hudson protrudes straight out.forward and both have a Red Wing in center....
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Further to OL racers post I would like a contact for anyone who reproduces the red plastic wing for the 38 Hudson 8 Hood Mascot my one is chipped.

Any ideas????????

Trevor NZ

• Trevor J , contact Eschelmann in Idaho. Nice repo plastic parts.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Here is the link:

• Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Thanks.

I was talking to them at Chatanooga but I did not realise they had plastic for 38 Mascot.

Trevor

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If they don't have one, you might consider going to one of those "3D Printer" places with your old ornament (patched and sanded, so it makes a good pattern) and a piece of transparent red acrylic.  And see if they can't turn you out a new one.  Of course it would be a lot easier to buy one from Eshelman!
  • if there's a spare '38 senior car hood ornament to be had, I would like to have it.  I have reproduced the red plastic wing in a limited quantity.

Allan

• Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Hi there.

I have contacted Eshelmans re the two acrylic parts to the 38 Hudson 8 hood mascot.  They do not reproduce them.  Does anyone have them for a pattern to lend to the Eshelmans for a pattern.

Trevor J. NewZealand

This discussion has been closed.