Introduction and Carburator Essex super six 1931

Hello,

My name is Wouter Platje and am new to this forum.
I am from the Netherlands and have since a few weeks Essex Super Six 1931 .
Now I have a question about my carburetor who sits on the Essex , this is an AE- 3, or a VH -4.
The car will not accelerate and I have tried everything but can not get out . I would like to receive some tips.
image Regards, Wouter Platje

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Are you sure that the problem is in the carburetor? 

Could the problem be in the timing, or fuel delivery system (vacuum tank?) -- ?

Do you have shop manuals for this car?  (If not, then the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane club has some technical manuals at its website, and if you are a Club member you can have access to these.)

I am sure that someone with a 1931 Essex will be able to reply with an answer to your question, here.
  • Usually the cause is fuel restriction or a timing problem
  • Translate white Google

Good day

They have geplaatsts a 123 ignition , I do not know whether the good curve is inside.
    And they hbben placed a petrol pump , which keep the tank full.

regards

Wouter
  • Still think it's a timing problem - try unbolting the distributer and slightly twist it when running - the engine should start to sound better - if so you need to action a tune up cheers Ken
  • stev1955
    stev1955 Expert Adviser
    Is the accelerator pump link attached properly? If I'm not mistaken, from the picture it looks to be attached directly to the throttle shaft an not to any type of arm.
  • Hello.

The car is running good.
    It was a problem whit de carburator and the fuel delivery.
    Thank for al the comments.

Now i am looking for a rebult kit for the carburator, where can i find this.

regards,

Wouter
This discussion has been closed.