1936 Terraplane 2 door sedan What kind of sun visor fits this vehicle i love the look i saw on one

tankert
tankert Member
edited August 2016 in HUDSON
can anyone tell me what kind of outside sun visor i see on a couple of 1936 Terraplane i really like the look. I am just starting to work on mine. what is recommended  for brakes ect. to have the newer brakes, front and rear end.
Thanks 
Mike Thomas
Yarnell AZ

Comments

• Hi Mike, the sun visor pop up on eBay quite regularly as they were common across car brands. The side brackets are harder to find. My car has the standard brake setup. It stops fine - you could install a power vacum booster to make driving more pleasurable - but I find you can drive a 1936 around town if you drive it like a large heavy truck :-) cheers Ken
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Are you trying to retro-fit disc brakes to your car, or are you asking where to find the original style parts (but brand new, of course)? 

This summer I was able to find wheel cylinders for my 1937, at the local parts house, for example.  All of the original style components are still available (though it might take you a couple weeks to round them all up).  And when everything is adjusted correctly, the cars will stop as well as they ever did!
This discussion has been closed.