hello from finland (north europe)

amc guy since 2000 and year ago i bought 52 wasp

262+hydramatic dualrange   on windscreen sticker south carolina 94
i think orginal color green over painted in us maybe 10 years ago with shiny black

reading forum and got some good advice thanks guys
waiting for right picture to add my next post
(every body knows 52 wasp but with some finish female beauty)

category of my car is drivable drinking car or some thing like that
saved from restoration

ps I know my english is hmm..intresting

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Open Forum, Finboozebilly!
  • I like the idea of saving your wasp from restoration, sounds like a fun car, post a picture when you can.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    (Show-off!  LOL!)
  • What is a "drinking car?"  The two words seem mutually exclusive to this child of the "just say no" generation...

Are all these Hudsons in Finland recent imports, or have they been in the country since new?
  • i think in finland was about 10 step-downs in 50  

our used car import laws changed in 80´s so after that at least 10 more has come in
    and after cars movie few more

drinking car: driver don´t drink but the other crew 

jon b?

lets see if i can put picture 

• finboozebilly
    finboozebilly Member
    edited July 2016
    imagemaybe another one

• Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor

Oletko kenties perehtynyt Finn Hudson (Kuru)?  Hieno näköinen Hudson!

With Google Translate, even I can do it, though probably not as the Finnish would say it....in fact it may not  make any sense at all. 

Frank

• i m nickname guru in finish forums

i have no problem to read in english 

ps i can put picture of interior but there is rebel flag in roof is that a problem in this forum? 
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Flag is only a problem for those with thin skin.   I am also an owner of a 53 Wasp which shares many of the characteristics with the 1952 Wasp.  A pciture of that car is in the center top of my HUDSON STEPDOWN WEBPAGE
  • 33kc1989
    33kc1989 Senior Contributor
    I like. Looks sweet.
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited July 2016

My NC flag on one of my garage walls.

AND, would someone tell me how do add a photo when I want to change a photo, or delete a comment and put a new one here correctly with the correct photo????????????????????

a long term problem--my fingers are NOT always correct the first time. But no way that I am aware to correct; would surely like to know~~~

• again: post photo

• The DNC is currently here in Philly.  They have all the state's flags along the streets to honor the delegations.  Anyway, I just read that a bunch of protesters made them take down the Mississippi state flag because it contains a mini "Stars and Bars" on the corner.  And here's the kicker - the delegation from Mississippi AGREED w/ the protesters!  
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

In 1966 I was an Air Force Color guard at Ft. Sumter.  At the end of the day we were each given a flag of the Stars and Bars.  It proudly hangs in my shop, where it has been since the shop was built.  I had to honor to spend a lot of my working years in the South.  Sometimes I think that politically correct is destroying our country....

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    (I've been meaning to talk to you about that, Ken....  LOL!)
  • Drinking car sounds like what I drove back in the '70s when we would fill my '57 Chevy wagon full of Hippies,"Boones Farm" wine,and those funny little cigarettes and for $5.00 spend the day cruising every dirt road in the county!
  • finboozebilly
    finboozebilly Member
    edited August 2016
    imagei dont do drugs  but 53hud54 and i do know how to have fun i think

bad pics

imageimage
  • Hehe - love that headliner!
  • I don't do drugs now either,but "That 70's Show" on TV was us back then,here's my fun now.Hope to have both on the road by next spring,new restaurant in the family left them on the back burner for now. I also have a '60 LeSabre,'72 Riviera,and '83 K5 Blazer waiting for there turn,just not enough hours in the day! Super looking ride you got there. imageimageimageimageimage
  • nice cars hud

anybody ever drink hudson whiskey?
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    Where can I buy some?
  • Just write "Hudson" on a bottle of your favorite brand.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    I was given a bottle of this stuff, earlier this summer

by a friend who owns a Studebaker.  So....one can hope there is an equivalent liquor for "our car"....
  • last year i had starter problems (6v starter on 12)

this year i have volvo starter (here used rwd volvo parts costs nothing) 

very easy to fit hudson its like bolt on parts today cut and file
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Found this Hudson Vinyard near where we had our NZ HET Meet back in 2011. Good wine it was & they donated a case or 5 to help the decision making!!
  • finboozebilly
    finboozebilly Member
    edited November 2016
    imagewinter operations
  • Good on ya for saving it from restoration man.
This discussion has been closed.