So now I can finally get my car closer to completion....................

I can't begin to tell you how long I've been trying to get my '50 Commodore Coupe done. The body shop where I have had it for longer than I care to admit just won't work on it any longer and my patience is finally at it's limit. I finally decided to get on with this project and now have the car scheduled to go to Wildrick's this November to get the work done. Everything I've seen by picture and read about Wildrick's looks very good so it should be in good hands when it gets back there. 

This has me back in the Hudson mode and I just rejoined the HET Club again.The May/June issue of the White Triangle just came in the mail today and it is great to get that magazine again.

Dan

Comments

• PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    YOUR CHOICE OF DOUG WILDRICK'S SHOP IS A GREAT FIRST STEP IN GETTING YOUR CAR BACK ON THE ROAD YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THEY ARE THE BEST FOR ENGINE , CLUTCH WORK AND THEY HAVE A GREAT BODY SHOPN PUTTING OUT GREAT WORK ;-)
  • Thank you for the response. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. Wildrick's shop is a far distance from me but when the work gets started it sounds like the car will be in good hands. I was nicely surprised when I originally sent an email inquiry to them about my car and the next day I received a phone call reply back and had a very good conversation about this project which lead me to getting on their schedule. 

• I was able to finally get my car officially titled which I'm very happy about. :) That ended up being easier to do than what I thought. By the end of this coming week, my car with all of its' parts, may be in the transporter headed to Wildricks!! This will be a major accomplishment. 
  • kamzack
    kamzack Senior Contributor

A better place to have your Hudson doesn't exist. All mechanicals front to back, nearly all the needed parts under one roof, complete interiors, and paint and body. Doug, Terri and crew are the best at what they do. They have a paint and body man that's one of the best I've seen.
       Kim
  • Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser
    After this years International meet in Chattanooga I visited  Doug Wildrick  and had a tour of the premises .  I was very impressed with the work that they were doing.  The staff have a genuine interest in Hudson cars which is great although sending work to them from New Zealand would be a little too expensive. I am sure you will be happy with his work./  Trevor NewZealand 
  • Thank you for the feedback! I have the shipper ready to go. He'll pick up the car with all of the associated parts this coming Monday and should be on his way to Indiana shortly after that!! :)

Dan 
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    That's awesome, Dan.  Congratulations.  I am sure you will be satisfied with the work Wildrick's can do for you.  
  • Shipper picked up the car today, along with the boxes of parts, and will be headed out on the road tomorrow morning. Should get to Indiana by this coming Friday. Can't begin to tell you how good it was to see the car out of that other shop!! :)
  • Congrats!  Definitely post pics when you get it back!
  • I definitely will get pics when I get the car back. I had planned on getting pictures when the car was being loaded in the trailer and on its' way but one of the things I forgot to take with me to meet the shipper was my camera! :(

Dan

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My car has arrived at Wildrick's!! :)

Dan
  • Just checked today and the picture of my 50 Coupe (from the West Coast) is up on their website. :) Doesn't look like much yet.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.