Dale Cooper has the new sway bars in stock.

2»

Comments

• I don't think Dale is too big on Email communication. I just call him and go from there.

I got my sway bar quite quickly a few weeks ago. I think I've even paid for it.

F

• Contacted him, thanks. He's waiting to make another order. C'mon guys, you know you want this, order one now, I'm too impatient to wait long!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Ken-

You can always contact me and tell me what you need and I will place any order for you that you want.  
  • J Spencer
    J Spencer Expert Adviser
    I bought one  From Dale at the National meet for my 51 Pacemaker, what a difference!  The links that come with it are too long putting the bar up to high. The spacer is correct but the bushings are thicker than the factory were. I suppose you may be able to cut the sleeve back ( approximately 1/4 -3/8 inch) to get the proper distance assuming there are enough threads to tighten the links. I already had recent HD links on mine so I reused those. Links that fit 78- 81 Chevy Malibus, etc work perfect. When sitting on the road the bar needs to be parallel with the road.  Yes, I also had to enlarge the bracket mounting holes slightly and the bar is almost touching the 'pan'.Also remember to tighten the link bushing are just to the edge of the washers.

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Maybe the Junior cars have more problems.  I didn't experience any of those issues with the Hornet.  
  • RichardD
    RichardD Member
    edited August 2016
    Spencer, I should have discussed the links more. I didn't like the links that I also recd. but I had HD links & polyurethane already on my car. So I shortened the spacer and threaded the bolt more to make the bar arms level with the 'road'. The first 2 photos here show the spacer length difference. This has been discussed on several lists more than once so I forgot it in this specific post, sorry.
    But this bar is extremely important for any stepdown that is driven. That is why I had them made in the first place. As the 'word' spreads would think that 100's will have the bar~~~
  • I spoke to Dale yesterday and he said he's expecting a new shipment in roughly 2-3 weeks.  I'm hoping they come in before the 9/20 so I can install one on my coupe.  I've got a race coming up and I'd like to stiffen up the cornering as much as possible.  Anyone have a kit they want to sell and you can take my place on Dale's list?
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    I just ordered two from Dale. Hope this helps move things along.
  • Still waiting for Dale to get new order....have not heard anything from Dale. Does anyone know anything??
  • SuperDave
    I am wondering the same thing!
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    I talked to John at ADDCO about the bars. They were in a move and were behind on production. They should be shipping the bars any day now.
  • Certainly worth waiting for !! Tks Kerry for checking~~~
  • Kdancy
    Manufacture sent me a note that says --
     Kerry, I’m trying to get these in production by Wednesday.
  • Sent reminder to Dale about my request for a sway bar but it was rejected by server.
  • Kdancy
    Looks like the manufacturer is having some issues, but hopefully next batch ready soon!

"Kerry, We started manufacturing our 1.125” material and it all broke in the bender, we’re waiting on another truck of 1.125” steel.    hoping 1 week."

• Wow....a whole year has gone by........
  • Kdancy
    Wow....a whole year has gone by........
    Not quite! He sold out at the nationals last year. It is the manufacturer, They moved last fall into another location and are still dealing with the metal issue. Just heard from them this week, still waiting on metal shipment.
  • Kdancy
    E=mail from manufacturer this morning-----

Bars are in production, will ship next week

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Dale has some in stock, just ordered one today for the car I acquired last fall.  Not sure how many, but if you've been waiting, they're in.  $219 plus shipping.
  • If you drive, you will love these. Been enjoying for over a year. Eliminate the lean.
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Spoke to Dale last week, he still has a few.  So get 'em while there hot!!
  • "still has a few"????
    I have been on the list for almost a year!!!
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Give him a call.  Maybe he mis-placed the 'list' or maybe it's on the way or mis-delivered or?
  • "still has a few"????
    I have been on the list for almost a year!!!
    Yes, give him a call.  I don't have much faith in lists...
  • SuperDave
    He has been very busy but hasn't lost the list.
  • When you really want something, there is no such thing as a list. You find out what the cost is, send the funds, then inquire on where it is. 2 cents~~~

• RichardD said:

When you really want something, there is no such thing as a list. You find out what the cost is, send the funds, then inquire on where it is. 2 cents~~~

Thanks for the lesson!
  • Just to keep this saga continuing.....I spoke to Dale on Friday and it seems the manufacturer sent the wrong bolts for the kits.  He's made them aware of the error and is hoping to have the replacement bolts in his possession either this week or next. 
  • SuperDave
    Mine came in Saturday afternoon. Took about 1/2 hour to unbolt the old one and install the new one. On my back on the floor! ( My Lift was occupied by a busted chevy.)  Just had to open up the bushing straps a bit to use the original bolts. A nice improvement worth the cost.
This discussion has been closed.