1955 wasp 202ci engine, trans, and rear end.

testing the water to see if anyone would be interested in buying my 202 ci engine, hydramatic 4 speed trans, and/or rear end out of my 1955 Hudson Super Wasp.  complete drive train has only 80,650 miles on them. Still runs and drives.... not removed yet.  now for the bad: trans won't stay in 4th gear, noticed some bubbles around a few of the spark plugs on head the last time I flushed the cooling system, and the rear end I haven't touched. also have some trim not going to be used and the original generator. If interested shoot me and offer. Located in Hickory, Nc.  thanks for looking, Richy

Comments

• engine is sold! still have rear end and trans... make offer

• Engine is not sold after all, also have gas tank and front suspension/ steering!
  • All has been removed and still for sale
  • Have some questions about the "bubbles".  Can you call me or can I call you Sunday evening?  Kevin Buchter 717-575-5046. We are located in Pennsylvania.  Thank you.
  • Ya I can call you Sunday evening. The bubbles are a little bit of compression leaking through the spark plug threads. Only does it on cylinder 1. My name is Richy Moore. What part of pa? I was born and raised in New Kensington, which is near Pittsburgh. But I live in hickory, nc now
  • rmoore16
    rmoore16 Member
    edited October 2016
    Engine and transmission are sold! Still have rear end and front suspension for sale.
  • Hi, I know its been while but do you possibly still have the gas tank?
    Thanks,
    Charlie
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    A silly question:
    Since that engine was installed in a nash body, does it have hydraulic lifters as the big blocks do?
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    As far as I am aware, the only difference in the 202's fitted to the Nash bodies are the water outlet, and length of water pump shaft.  
  • SuperDave
    Adjusting valves must be a lot of fun!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Virtually impossible, as the manifold cannot be removed.  The only way it can be done is to  undo the engine mounts and tilt the engine over.
  • SuperDave
    What does the flat rate manual say about that? LOL
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Well, Step-Down Flat rate is 1.5 hrs to adjust tappets, add a day at least for a Hash!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Hey, sorry, I err slightly.  Hash with 202 motor , the  manifolds can be removed, but you have to stand on your head to adjust the tappets.   Only other  Hudson motor in Hash was 308, and these you have to tilt the motor over to remove manifolds.  That's why they went  to the hydraulic lifters in '56. 
This discussion has been closed.