barneysfarm
barneysfarm Member
edited April 2015 in HUDSON

Just found a 194? Big Boy - no title, ID, etc.

Many moons ago I found one that my Dad could not afford and the farmer would not come down in price - never forgot and now have the time to look for one.  Joining to research, find interchangeables, etc.

Cheers,

Barney in Oregon

Comments

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Hi Barney,

You're now a full member so Welcome aboard! As with most new members the usual requests are for photos should you have them ; always interesting to see what you have found in the flesh. 

I have moved your post into the main Hudson forum so more folks can get to see it

Good to have you here and I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information on this forum.

You can see that this forum is a part of the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website. 

Please consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Welcome aboard Barney. Just in case you did not know where the VIN # is, open the passenger door and the vin tag is about 3 inches above the upper door hinge.. If it still has original engine the engine number is the same as vin number. ;Also, the vin # is stamped on top the right rear axel near the rt rear spring usually near or under the brake line. Also, on top right rear frame rail but would have to remove bed to see it and on the right frame in front of cab.

A couple other clues are: If the center of front grill is recessed it is 46 or 47. If grill is flush with front end it is earlier 40's PU. The vin # is also stamped on top of the right rear frame
    Most 47's have a visible seam across the back of the cab from door to door and most 46's do not have this seam.. However, there have been a few exceptions where a few 46's have this seam. Not sure if any 47's came without the seam.

We would love to see photos of you PU. I have a 47 PU as well as a 52 Hornet with Twin-H and parting out 54 Hornet.
    Lee O'Dell
This discussion has been closed.