Where do these parts go?

RL Chilton
RL Chilton Administrator, Member
edited March 2015 in HUDSON
So, I'm doing inventory for the millionth (and hopefully last) time.  Currently, I'm installing my radiator and I remembered that there were supposed to a couple other parts to the install (see pic).  Parts on the bottom I'm thinking go somewhere on the radiator (they're metal), but not sure where.  Other rubber parts (top two) I can't remember and my sedan is being no help as it lost these pieces some time in it's past.  Car is '52 Hornet CV.  Can you help show me where these parts go?  ( I probably bought one or more of these from Ken U-Tx).   image

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The top rubber item is one of 2 needed to seal the radiator saddle to the fender. There are two metal plates one for each side that sandwich the radiator seal between it and the fender. The other item is not familiar to me.
  • RL Chilton
    O.k.  Well, that answers all of that.  Now I just have to find the other half of the rubber pieces as I could only find one of each.  
  • Isn't your car still at Wildrick's ?  Why didn't you just ask him ?
  • RL Chilton
    No, now it's at home and it's time to finish it up.  I still don't understand how the pieces (radiator to saddle) get mounted.  If someone has a picture, it would help.  
  • DavidC
    DavidC Senior Contributor
    So the bottom item in the first pic is the metal plate that holds the rubber in place, right?
  • RL Chilton
    That's what it looks like.  
  • RL Chilton
    Like I said, I only have one of each of the rubber pieces, so I'm considering not even putting them on.  The ones that flank the side of the radiator appear to help deflect air flow into the radiator, so I might make another of those if I can find matching stock that is the correct thickness.  The ones that sandwich between the fender and the radiator saddle, don't appear to do much of anything, as far as I can see.  Additionally, the holes don't line up, as Ken mentioned.  
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser
    The radiator seals on my '50 commodore were stapled to the flange....I have only one remaining on the car and it's pretty brittle but the staples are still holding it on (and together).  Terry
  • RL Chilton
    Ken-

Sent an email.
This discussion has been closed.