Steel tube from water pump to heater?

Does anyone reproduce this pipe? I have a '49 Super Six 262 and would like to cleanup/organize the engine with one of these.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Comments

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    I just spent a lot of time on this. Contacted several manufactures and none would build it because of the tight turn coming out of the water pump -flared fitting. The tubing is 5/8".
    Almost all I have taken off are pretty rusted on the heater end.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    abg, I'd check with a couple of folks who have a lot of parts and parts cars . . . Al Saffrahn in AZ or Doug Wildrick in Indiana.
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    I have a number of them if interested.
  • Lance, I am interested, let me know price and I'll send$$
    Rileystudio@netscape.net
  • ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    The one on my 53 was rusted out also.  I made one out of copper plumbing pipe.  I annealed the pipe with a propane torch and used a spring tubing bender to get the bends right and flared it with the original fitting.  It has held up well over the last 8 years or so.

Rich
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor

The way to bend tubing like this is fill it with sand to prevent collapsing.

• DavidC
    DavidC Senior Contributor
    Thanks Uncle Josh, sounds like a great idea!
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited April 2015
    FYI
     Another method ive found to bend tubing without kinking is to lube and slide a snug fitting hose over the tubing (before flaring) then form carefully around a round object then remove the hose.

• DavidC
    DavidC Senior Contributor
    They also have tightly wound springs for this purpose
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    Try Dave Kostansek in Oh @ 440 293 4079. I  sent another person to Dave last wk and he had the fittings. Ive  just adapted a pipe fitting into the water pump then ran another type of tubing into the heater hose. I seen a polished copper Tube formed on another Hudson that looked really nicely done.
This discussion has been closed.