Odds and ends for a 1933 Terraplane

bent metal
bent metal Senior Contributor

I am looking for some final pieces for a 1933 Terraplane.  But the parts I need might be the same for other years and Hudson too. 

I need:

1. The front door opening limiters.  Not sure if back doors are the same?

2. The metal trim that surrounds the door panel, kick panel, and kick panel at the b-pillar.  This gets covered in material and is attached with screws through the jamb area. 

Any parts or leads would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You might want to communicate with other '33 owners (especially those who work on their own cars).  They might know the answers, know what other years of Hudson / Terraplane parts will interchange, or even if you can purchase a modern-day part and modify it to fit.
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    My doors don't appear to have limiters, the hinges have a built-in stop.
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    The limiters on my 33T conv. appear to be just like the step down Hudsons.  Length and curve/angle
    may be slightly different.  Don't remember if these were original .  I put this car together  about 45 years ago.

The door panel mounting system, I believe was used through 1940.   different spacing . I considered using pieces
    from a 36 Terraplane door panel, but went with mounting clips similar to those used on the step downs.

"Ric"
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor

"terraplane8",  I know what you are talking about with the hinges stopping themselves.  But the door should still have a limiting strap.  Without it, every time someone opens the door too far the mounting area around the hinge will be sprung/stretched a little bit.  Short term making a misalignment.  Long term making cracks in the sheet metal where the hinges mount, and bending the hinges and surrounding mounting surfaces.  ...Ask me how I know.  haha

"Ric West IN",  Thanks Ric.  I'm going to look around and compare what can be used.  Original pieces should fit this car.  So I was hoping to find some old stuff that just needs cleaned up, I'll check a wider range of years now.  :)