hello new member here

rmoore16
rmoore16 Member
edited March 2015 in HUDSON
hi I just recently bought a 1955 Hudson super wasp. She runs and drives and has very little rust! I'm glad to find this forum for support. I've read and poked around other forums for my truck, this is the first one I became a member of.  I love this car and all the attention it gets. Thank you for having sites like this available. Glad to be here!

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited March 2015
    Welcome on board, R. Moore!  Can you tell us a bit more about your vehicle?   Are you searching for any parts or information?  Whereabouts are you located?

Feel free to post comments / questions / photos in any of the forum categories, now that you are a full Open Forum member!

By the way, I should put in a shameless plug here for the H-E-T Club (which runs this forum and the entire website).  If you're not yet a member please consider joining (there's information in the drop-down menus at the top of the screen).
  • It's a 1955 Hudson super wasp 4 door. 202ci flathead straight 6 with a 4 speed auto trans. No radio, ac, or heater. All original, runs and drives great for its age. Needs a little rust repair around the rear windshield and all weather strip and body seals need attention. I am only missing a few original pieces. They are left front fender trim, missing one hub cap, and a piece of the dash. Then mainly paint... I plan to 2 tone it. Pearl white top and undecided on the other color(maybe a copper). I'm currently located near hickory, North Carolina. I'm interested in information, parts
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    You shouldn't have much trouble finding parts.  The White Triangle News is a good source for parts (sent to Club members).  Ebay is a great place to look.  And of course this forum.  It's always good to locate other owners of 1955's so you can compare notes on where to find parts, and get advice on questions pertaining to your car.

There's a chapter of the H-E-T Club in North Carolina: the Dogwood Chapter.  You might want to check out one or more of their meets and get to meet other Hudson owners.  Especially, ask if anyone knows other 1955 owners in the vicinity, or anyone who might have parts for sale. Contact Linda Pridemore of the Dogwood Chapter to learn when and where their upcoming meets may be.  rpridemore@triad.rr.com
  • DavidC
    DavidC Senior Contributor
    Once you've found this site and this club you're all set.  We can help you through just about any challenge.  Welcome!
  • Thank you I'll be needing some guidance seeing I fix new cars everyday
This discussion has been closed.