interior door handles

Does anyone have suggestions for the replacement of pot metal interior door handle/window cranks in a '28 Hudson? Does not have to be an EXACT replica.

thanks

J Lombard

Comments

• ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Try Geoff Clark - he arranges reproduction from moulds for various styles
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Just about any window winder will fit if you are not worried about originality.  Otherwise I can make original pattern winders  out of bronze- guaranteed for 100 years, and you can get your money back after that if you are not satisfied.  Can get door handles done too if you really want, but will have to get a mold made first.
    Geoff 
  • Geoff, sort of a "lifetime" guarantee, eh?
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Oh, I should mention the handles are actually 1928 Essex, which are slightly different  pattern from the Hudson, but only nit-pickers would notice.   Yes, lifetime guarantee.  You can claim the money back if you are deceased before the  handles fail. 
  • Geoff:

Would the Essex handles work on the Hudson? If so what are you asking for a set for a 4dr?

regards

J Lombard

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    As I said, I at this stage have the molds for the window winders only, and yes, they will work on your Hudson.  There is a minor detail difference, in that the Hudson handle has slightly different line around the  base, but you would never know if you had whole set fitted. These are $120 each, nickel plated ready to install.    I could get a mold made for the door handles,  cost $100 for the mold and  $100 each for the handles.  You will have to use your won original escutcheons.   Contact me direct on NZGeoffclark@xtra.co.nz   (leave the NZ off the  start of the address)  if you want me to start the process of getting them cast.  Will take some time, as I am at the mercy of the foundry guy.  I send him the mold, he casts them and sends the items back to me, and I then have to dress the items and get plated.
    Geoff 
This discussion has been closed.