Having Some Fun and Making Some Progress On My 53 Coupe

The secret is my helper....:)  My 8 year old loves these cars and it's fun to watch.
-Scott

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    :-bd
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Good job, Scott!
  • Quadster
    Quadster Expert Adviser
    Scott,

That makes 2 of us working on 53 coupes this winter.
    Rescued this one from a collapsed barn last fall.
    Now that the roof is squared away--looking at pulling the fenders as you did to get a better look.
    Not much rust other than what's on the surface---bet I'll find some once the fenders come off.

But.......
    All this snow up here in the Boston area is slowing down my project.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Good job on the roof!
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    When I click on the picture I only see the left half of the picture. Is this one of the glitches still being worked on? Used to see the whole picture enlarged.

Good job on the roof. The crunched roof reminded me of Doc Hudson when he got angry.

Keep up the good work.

Lee O'Dell
  • Chris Smith
    Chris Smith Expert Adviser

If that coupe only had a little Christine in it the dents would be an easy fix.

• Quadster
    Quadster Expert Adviser
    Thanks for the encouragement-I'll need more as the project progresses. 

I have a great fabricator helping me with the major dents--he works for the local Dept. of Public works and has been stuck fixing broken plows and trucks due to all the snow we are having. Lots of OT---but he likes helping rescue this hudson a lot more than welding busted plow frames. 

I tried posting some reduced size photos--maybe the entire image will be on the screen.
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    How did that roof get bent that way? Looks almost like the hood came back and impacted it!
  • Lee, try it again.   Find the up/down scroll bar and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page--even if most of it is white.   At the bottom, you should see the left/right scroll bar.  You can scroll it toward the right, then go back up and see the right side of the car....k
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor

When I did my 52 "Salt Flats Racer" it looked like someone had used it to jump out of trees to land on.  I also had the help of a friend who's day job was welding of State owned snow plows.  He did a fantastic job on all that sheet metal on the top.

I got my 54 Coupe out of the shop this week--mechanically it is restored and first Hudson I have had that everything the factory installed works.  Now it is time to make it pretty--enjoy the process....

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Now I see the whole car when I click on the picture. Thank you.

Lee O'Dell
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    great to see very young children so involved. They will be the future of all things Hudson at some point. Keep it fun so they enjoy the ride!
    Nice project!
This discussion has been closed.