Rear Window Trim

cpr3333
cpr3333 Expert Adviser

I have old pictures (late 50's thru mid 70's) of my 1950 Pacemaker Deluxe with stainless(?) rear window trim but from what I can determine, this did not come as standard equipment.

Does anyone know if it was an addition to the Deluxe trim (it isn't listed as such) or if was a common upgrade?

Thanks

Comments

• cpr3333
    cpr3333 Expert Adviser

Doc, it's not listed on the distribution bulletin that describes deluxe equipment but who knows how closely they adhered to that list.

I did a bit more research using Alex's scanned document library and determined that 'Rear Window Reveal Molding' was option letter 'V' and had a list price of $3.75.

I guess that proves that it was available, but was it common?

BTW - thanks Alex for scanning all of that stuff.  There's more stuff just about 1950 Pacemakers than I could conveniently read.

• SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor

Chris,

I don't think it was common other than Commodore models which was standard equipment.. . I think the gasket is different as well. I wish I had that option to install on my 49 two door. Since that rear window opening changed in 1950 (except P.M.) There may have been an excess of parts to use up.

When do you pick your PM up?

This discussion has been closed.