Headers

superwasp912
superwasp912 Member
edited December 2014 in HUDSON
Anybody have a set of 262 headers to sell?I left a message with Cliffords and never got a response.   J.R.

Comments

• Larry at Cliffords just finished the run of Hudson headers and should be welding them together.

I expect my set anytime.

Then I'll add the O2 bungs and send them back out for coating.

Best to call and not email.

• Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Bill, what are you using for the 02 bungs and sensors? Where do they need to be placed? Do you use one in each 3 tube head assembly or one in the exhaust system H pipe?
  • BillUSN1
    BillUSN1 Member
    edited December 2014

Kerry,

All my personal stuff is R&D so it's a little different.

For normal operation a 1 wire O2 is placed close to the manifold to allow it to get up to operating temp quicker.

Only 1 is needed.

The sensor needs to be about 600* before the system will consider it's reading accurate and allow "closed loop" operation.

I normally place mine in the header pipe just below the manifold. With headers I run the bung in the collector.

There's no need to run the O2 back behind the Y or to have a sensor in each collector on duals.

You want to keep it as close as possible for the heat and the delay in signal due to the distance from the engine.

My kits come with the O2 sensor and bung.

Keep in mind that if the system is tuned for the engine then just like a carb, it doesn't need the o2 to operate. What makes the EFI different is the use of the O2 sensor to provide constant feed back(closed loop) back to the ECM to make continuous minor fuel adjustments as you drive based on weather, altitude and engine conditions. Something a carb simply can's do. What you get is what you got until you re-jet! 

I cover all aspects of the EFI system during my tech seminars I perform at car shows.

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

Clifford does not offer much for Hudson anymore but they still List Headers & 4BBl Manifold's available on their Web Site. I would re try contacting them.
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Bill, do you have a u-tube video of your seminar? Tape?
  • LOL no. Some have threatened to record me.

I think this years Nats canceled all tech seminars.

• bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    BillUSN1    True there is no mention of tech seminars in the Colorado Springs schedule, that could just be down to a lack of volunteers to do the tech talks. I doubt the organisers would turn you down if you offered to provide a talk.

And if they do turn you down, what would be cooler, (and most probably better attended) than an illicit tech talk? 

Sent you a PM.
This discussion has been closed.