Borg Warner T-86 Transmission

I am looking for a seal kit for my borg warner kit. I have found a purchased the gaskets for it. I just need bearings and seals; can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Drew

Comments

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

I believe someone in the White Triangle News has recently advertised complete rebuild kits for the Borg Warner T-86 transmission.  Perhaps this individual also has separate T-86 parts for sale.

Dan

• Hudson Grandpa
    Hudson Grandpa Expert Adviser

When taking my car to the trans shop in Jan of this year, I said it has a B & W Trans in it.  They said what?

This is after spending a bunch of money at another trans shop 2 years ago, that also said "what"?  so I had to do my research, as I had ordered the original parts from them in the first place.  These people are the gurus of Borg Warner transmissions.  Any year. 

My trans model DG-200

Northeast Transmission

Winchester, Ohio

938-442-2811

Also Fatsco Transmission in New Jersey.

800-524-0485

• Hudson Grandpa
    Hudson Grandpa Expert Adviser

To The Moderator:

Thank You.......

• Thank you everyone for the help! I will get ahold of these guys in Ohio and I will check White Triangle.
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    What year does the T-86 refer to,and does that include single and double lever?
    Thanks 
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited December 2014
    T-86 is the Borg Warner double lever transmission with or without the Borg warner overdrive. Hudson started using it 1952. Before 52, they used the Hudson built single lever transmission and as option, the Borg warner OD.
    Hydromatic was introduced in 1951 in Hudson's.
  • 48Sed
    48Sed Senior Contributor
    Kerry
    Was the Hudson built trans used from 48-51 given a letter/number desination?
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Honestly don't know. Maybe someone else will chime in. There were slight differences in the housing castings and also gear ratio with the Supermatic drive I believe.
This discussion has been closed.