'33 ET8 engine color

StillOutThere
StillOutThere Expert Adviser
edited December 2014 in HUDSON
I can't find the old thread about '33 Terraplane Eight engine colors.   But ran across this internet photo and would appreciate your responses on what looks correct to you and what does not.  Those of you who believe the engines were green -- is this the color?  What about the aluminum silver breather pipe?  Other details?  Obviously it has a battery kill switch up high on the firewall but that it not important.   Thanks for all comments.

Comments

• faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    edited December 2014
    This 33T8 was in San Mateo. Walt Mordenti knows the car well, and said it is one of the most original he has seen.

photo 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000E34.jpg

I would expect a black breather pipe like this was original.
  • StillOutThere
    faustmb, Given the idea that to at least a very small degree this had to fade from engine heat and 80 years of oxidation, that sure looks like a current equivalent would be Detroit Diesel "Alpine Green" available in several brands.

Of course all our monitors differ in what we are seeing...........
  • StillOutThere

Here is one in the "industrial" light gray that many feel is correct for the '33 ET8simage
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    That green color makes sense and seems to be the popular opinion. I'm going sliver and black on mine, but it was red and blue when I got it which was definitely a recolor.
  • Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor

The block and bellhousing of my T-8  had traces of light gray. trans and oil pan were black. This

was a very complete worn out and rusted parts car.  Gray certainly could have been the faded

version of the gray green of the 30-33 Hudson 8s.

"Ric"

This discussion has been closed.