Horn button Assy Question

SuperDave
SuperDave Senior Contributor
I have a 51 steering column and horn button/ring. I need a parts breakdown to see how they are assembled. I may also be missing some part or parts.  Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Dave, What model?
  • SuperDave

Thanks Ken. I had a few parts in a plastic bag. So,I am just missing two 1-3/4  4-40 screws, contact strip and the spring that goes under the wire connector. Your description refreshed my foggy memory of the last one I did on my" Clabbered up" 49 Super several years ago.  Maybe if I sweep the floor I'll find a few more parts ! LOL

!

• SuperDave
    I found some screws believe it or not.. Now all I need is the strip Ken mentioned and a spring for under the horn wire. Where are you lance?....
  • I'm right here :) I do indeed have those parts.
  • Ken, does your description of the '51 Hornet horn button assy. also apply to a '53 Hornet? Also any pics of the parts would be of great value so I know what I'm looking for.

regards

J Lombard

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    J Lombard-

They are the same. 
  • SuperDave
    Oh by the way,, the three screws are 6-32 not 4-40.  lance had the parts I needed. They are on the way.. if no one steps up in the mean time.... I'll take a picture and post it  once I get the parts together.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Working on my Jet-Liner now, and it looks a lot different than those mentioned.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    The attached pictures are of the horn button, mount and the components that make up the horn grounding ciruit.
  • SuperDave
    The attached pictures are of the horn button, mount and the components that make up the horn grounding ciruit.

Thanks!!!  My chrome is out to the Plate shop, So might take a while to get around to doing the pics.,

Those parts (plus the horn ring) are gonna cost $450.

This discussion has been closed.