1922 Essex Speedometer and cable

Jay_G
Jay_G Expert Adviser

I have a problem and I hope someone can help.  I took the Speedo and cable out of my 22 Essex for repair almost 2 years ago to a shop in Riverside CA.  After a many calls and being lied to many times I finally got a hold of the guy again to pick up the speedo.  (today)  Come to find out it was not ready and was still in pieces and he had lost the cable.  I asked him for the parts so I could go somewhere else and he would not give them up.  We have agreed that he will have the unit ready next week for pickup.  Long story short, I am sure the SOB will not have the speedo ready and if it is, it will be trashed and for my trouble he wants $1,000.

So does any one have a good speedo and cable for a 1922 they can spare?  I am sure Hudson/Essex used the same parts for many years as the owners manuals I have see show the same units.  It was a Stewart I believe and the same unit as in the super sixes.  Any help is appreciated.

I can give you the full name and address to avoid him but I would rather not give all the ugly details on this forum.   The shame is he use to run a good shop 35 years ago.

Jay

Comments

This discussion has been closed.