MY OLD CAR

TOM-WA-
TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Hudson-Wasp-Base-4-door-sedan-1954-hudson-wasp-series-4-door-sedan-/111542011754?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19f86c076a&item=111542011754&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

GREAT CAR And he did a fantastic job fixing the damage.

This car is FANTASTIC and the new owner will be very happy to own it

I'd be glad to answer any questions anyone has

Comments

• TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    KEN:

I never drove it thru tar, probably done long before I purchased it
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Remember in the 50''s all the new highways and surface streets being built with tar and asphalt. I don't think you could drive far without trying them out. You could hear all that stuff sticking to the underside as we merrily traveled to Grand Parents 200 miles away or just a short trip to the market.

Lee O'Dell
  • Thanks Tom, it's actually my favorite car to drive around.  And yes thanks to Ken who did a lot of work on it as well.  Was a fun project and now onto the next one!  1953 Hornet Coupe from Arizona....:)

Stay well!
    -Scott

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Scott... sent you a PM
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    edited December 2014
    1950's + road tar = great undercoating for free!!!!  :D   Just find another tarring job every couple years to refresh it.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    1950's + road tar = great undercoating for free!!!!  :D   Just find another tarring job every couple years to refresh it.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN

This is so true!  Every car I've ever scraped tar off of it's underside, the metal underneath was pristine.  This is even more true on cars that had no undercoating from the get-go.  Places where tar isn't, is most likely heavily pitted and thin-decades later, that is.  
This discussion has been closed.