Shocks

JFromm
JFromm Senior Contributor
Anybody have a number and brand name for front and rear shocks for a jet?
Thanks

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Front, NAPA Regal Ride 1126.   Rear Monroe 5601024, NAPA Regal Ride 1128
  • I've found that the 1126 &1128 numbers go nowhere on the NAPA site, but the rear shocks are found by M/Y/M search, coming up as "NAPA Response" #94049. They are common to numerous other applications and aren't difficult to obtain. The front, on the other hand, are not so easy. The NAPA # 555001 you see on Sarah's site is the result of my search for a suitable replacement, going by dimensions and end condition. I did buy a pair but I won't guarantee anything since I don't have a need for them as yet and haven't installed them.
    Frank
  • Joe30Essex
    Joe30Essex Expert Adviser
    John,
              These are what I put on our '54 Jet two years ago:
    Rear- Monroe 31125 (pretty easy to find on many sites for a decent price)
    Front- Monroe 31176 (a little tougher to find, but they are out there, and not real expensive) As a note, Frank and I had an on-line discussion about these at one time. If I remember his concern, it was about length and the possibility of 'bottoming out'. In the two years I have had these on, I have not experienced any of those problems, and we have driven the Jet over 2500 miles since. (and on some REAL CRUMMY Michigan roads!)

Joe
  • Ah! Feedback is good. The proof of the puddin' is in the eatin', so if they've been working well, that's good to know.
    Frank
This discussion has been closed.