Valves from closed dealership id

Kdancy
Kdancy Senior Contributor
Anyone recognize these? They came from a Hudson-Packard dealership.
I'm guessing the first lot is for the Hudson 212 application? second ? third is Packard but don't
know application.
 Just going thru the stuff I picked up at Moultri Ga  car show.

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Cool find, Kerry!
  • ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    The first photos look like those on my Essex engines, but without measurements.....?
    Where's Geoff Clark when you need him?
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I'm here!  The first lot are '36-'37 6 cyl inlet valves.
    Geoff 
  • Kdancy
    Geoff, they have EXH cast into them.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    I stand corrected, I did not see that.  They can be used them for intakes as well, but not the other way round.   Having blown the picture up by holding the Ctrl key down and using the scroll button I can see the Eaton and exh.  castings on the valve head.   These are good quality valves.  The  thick 3/8" stems were only used for 1 year, as they tended to lead to valve bounce at high speed due to the extra weight,  and the stem size from '38 onwards was 11/32".  I could be wrong on the stem size, so you better measure them, but visually they look like '36-'37. 
    Geoff 
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    Terrific find!  Any other "goodies" from that former Hudson-Packard dealership?
  • Kdancy

This
    is what I have looked at so far,    82 
    exhaust valves --- .339 stem dia, 1.374 head dia, 5.386 long

7 inlet valves -- .341 stem dia, 1.374 head
    dia, 5.385 long     8 inlet valves--  .340 stem dia, 1.375 head dia, 5.385
    long   (some of the intakes have surface
    rust, usable but would not sell as new)  14 inlet valves-- .372 stem dia, 1.50 head
    dia, 5.149 long   (Packard valves were sold.) 

Some other stuff in pictures- I think the head gaskets may be Ford Flathead? Don't know what the strange item is in the third picture. Box of splasher rods. water pumps and trans parts.

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor

"Strange item is bracket for emergency brake. Not sure whether pre stepdown or newer.  One of those things nobody eveer needs.  Dealers had to take a lot of seldom used stuff in order to get needed items.

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
     The water pumps are '36-'47
  • Kdancy
    Are these Hudson replacements?
    56 teeth and Hoof 304-1-56 on them.
  • Kdancy
    edited December 2014
    35 of these rods. Looks like a quick measurement from center to center is 8.625". Are these 212 application?
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor
    These fibre gears are only good for wall art sorry to say.
  • 8.625" C-C is for the 175. Sorry to say that, too. That's likely why they are still there. A guy just a little crazier than I might cut a .4375 section out near the top and weld them back together. Hmmmmmm. That's starting to sound a little less crazy!
    F
  • Kdancy
    Maybe they would make good car club plaques!
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    Is your dipper pan for a 212 motor I need one for my 36 Hudson 212 and would like to buy if it is for sale I sent you a pm
This discussion has been closed.