1939 6-cyl Engine For Sale in Maryland

I've learned of a 175 cu. inch. engine and transmission for sale from a '39 Hudson truck, in Salisbury, Md., on the Eastern Shore.  I'm not sure of the condition or price, but I'll be glad to pass along the contact info. to anyone who wishes it.

Jon Battle, HETdetailed@verizon.net (delete the HET before mailing)

Comments

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    I'd love it but a touch too far to travel for me unfortunately :)
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Hi Jon - Another '39?  Or one of the other 'two' known '39 Hudson trucks?  More info, please.

(Don't think I need engines - have a 212 & 175...).

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    edited November 2014
    That thought did cross my mind and since there is nothing there to stop it it just carried on out the other side ....

What is the source of this engine / transmission. Is it a truck that is having something else transplanted into it for example? As Rick says more info (and photos of course :) ) would be good
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    edited November 2014

Here's one in Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania, United States. Says it's just removed from a 1939 112 pickup

Starting bid at $350

Same one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/39-hudson-power-dome-engine-3-spd-trans-6-cyl-flat-head-112-pickup-rat-rod-oem-/301415724809?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item462dc6f709&vxp=mtr

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited November 2014

My 'guess' is that they are both the same engine, and probably from the '39 1112 pickup that was offered for sale earlier this year in Maryland on the Eastern Shore.

I have no information to base this on, other than the fact that there are not that many '39 Hudson 112 pickups out there, in any condition.

Looks like it is a 175 cu in engine, based on the single 'breather' on the front 'valve cover'.

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    So the next question needs to be that if this the engine out of that pick-up what has gone in its place?

Anyone have any ideas as to what is being done with it?

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    So the next question needs to be that if this the engine out of that pick-up what has gone in its place?

Anyone have any ideas as to what is being done with it?

With the engine being pulled & sold, most likely, it is being 'rodded'.  The engine is being sold by ebay member 'maxonracing'.  They are either doing the work on the truck for themselves, or for a customer.
This discussion has been closed.