1936 Hudson Terraplane

Hey need all the guys that are smarter than me which is most everyone out there help me with a problem.  I have the 36 Terraplane 212 6 cyl.  I'm working on the next problem I have is there are no Valve keepers and I not sure what they look like can someone help me out with what I need to look for or if you have some I can purchase I would be forever in your debt.  Also I'm still trying to locate the crank sleeves hopefully with screws and the Cam bearing block inserts.  Even with all the headaches I'm falling in love with this car!!  I can see why all of you I have talked to are in love with your Hudson cars.

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• barrysweet52
    barrysweet52 Expert Adviser
    Hello Mike. Possibly your machinist has sent the missing parts to a workshop to get the bearings remade. There arent many around that do this work and you could get lucky to find them there. You could consider buying an old motor and stripping it for the parts you need. Its a good way to learn how the motors work and how to service and look after them. barry 
  • Thanks Barry getting another old motor has crossed my mind.  The problem is I have checked with people his wife said he used they haven't seen them.

Mike
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    I may know where there are a couple of these motors, at least I know where there is a 39 which might be had.  Where are you located?
  • Hi Uncle Josh,

I'm located over by Portland, Oregon
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Mercy!  Probably too far.  We're in NYS
  • Oh yeah that is a ways away.
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Then again, Randy Maas just finished up another great looking 308 that would look great in your 36.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Ain't gonna' fit real well if it's a Terraplane.
This discussion has been closed.