Re-entering Hudson World

airbrushguy
airbrushguy Member
edited November 2014 in HUDSON
Well here I go again, just bought a'49 Super Six fourdoor project. A Hudson was my first car when I learned how to drive back in '67. It actually was my fathers "station car" which did everything you would expect from a pickup/tow truck.
I've been building, restoring and hotrod ding ever since and now I find myself back in a Hudson!
Hoping to restore it and found this site while I was starting to research as much as I could about parts availability.
Looking forward to mybership, glad to be here.

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome back to Hudsoning, Airbrush! 

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you wish; our helpful members will do their best to answer them. 

Rick's suggestion to join the H-E-T Club is a good one; you'll find it a great source of information, knowledge, friends, and parts.  And the bi-monthly magazine is worth the price of admission alone!  The Club has about 40 chapters across the U.S. (I'm guessing you're in the U.S.!).  If you're really serious, you'd probably appreciate developing the contacts with other '49 owners near you; this can be very helpful in a pinch, like when you need some advice, or a spare bottle of Hudsonite!

As part of your H-E-T membership you get full use of the Club's website, which includes a separate forum as well as access to online manuals and sales literature.  If you're not ready to join the H-E-T, you can still join the H-E-T website as a "limited member" and get some of the benefits of the website.

Do post a photo of your project car, and let us know where you live.  Possibly one of the forum members is nearby and could offer you some hands-on assistance if needed.

• Well, I'm in NJ but the car is from Indiana. Getting another project out of the way, then it's onto the Hudson through winter. Til whenever?
  • Beautiful car! Welcome aboard!
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited November 2014
    By the way, there's an active chapter of the Club in NJ, The Garden State Chapter.  You can contact Ted Steinmetz   HETwibbage@aol.com (delete the HET)  for a newsletter and to find out when the next meet is.  You might want to touch base with them even if you're not a member of the Club yet.  Never know when you're gonna need help!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Good-lookin' car!  Welcome to the forum!
This discussion has been closed.