1936 Hudson Terraplane

rowdydog
rowdydog Member
edited November 2014 in HUDSON
Hi All,

I'm new to the Hudson world I have a 1936 Terraplane I'm restoring with the 212 6cyl engine.  The reason I picked this car is because my 82 year old mom learned to drive in a similar car and I thought she might get a kick out of getting to do it again and reliving a bit of her youth.  Any way let me get down to why I'm posting this.  I'm in the process of putting this car back to original condition however my machinist has taken seriously ill they put him in an induced coma and don't believe he's going to make it.  I have gotten close to him and we have become good friends however the problem I have is he had taken the brass inserts(one's with the screw in the center) and all the sleeves out to include the ones in the engine for the Cam shaft.  I have hunted hi and low in his shop and storage to no avail and can not find any of the brass that I need for the crank shaft or cam shaft so I can get the babbitt poured so one if anyone has these main bearings sleeves and the cam shaft inserts and sleeve and would like to sell them please drop me a message or call me 360-903-5346.  Here is the question finally I know can other main caps be used from other 212 engines to replace the ones that are lost?  If you have any ideas on what I can do please give this newbie a shout out.   Thanks guys and gals I'm really looking forward to getting this old gal back on the road.

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited November 2014
    The sleeves you seek are probably available out there, and the best thing would be to inquire amongst the many vendors of Hudson parts.  (It's helpful to be an H-E-T member so you get the magazine, with all the parts ads in the back!)

Here is a link to my repro parts page, and near the beginning you'll see a list of some of the regular Hudson parts suppliers.  http://www.detailedconcepts.net/Repro_Table.pdf  I'd suggest contacting Doug Wildrick and Dale Cooper, maybe 21st Century Hudson.  Links to all their catalogs are contained in my list.  (The rest of my page is devoted to reproductions of Hudson parts by people who only make small numbers of these, and thus do not have a catalog in which the parts appear.)
  • Thanks 46Hudson and Jon I will take a look at those sources I am a HET Club Member and have sent out some emails to some of the vendors thanks for the help

Mike
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Randy Maas Machine in iIiinois. may be yout best bet. maasfh@ntslink.net 309 968 6157 They specialize in Hudson Motors . re babitting, and more
  • Thank You Ol racer I just dropped them an email explaining what I need I appreciate your help.

Mike
This discussion has been closed.