Help Needed Please...57 hornet fuel tank and line question.

Good day everyone. I finally received my resealed fuel tank back. I put on a new sending unit, float assembly, etc. I also decided to change out the old line from the carbuerator going directly into the fuel tank and I have hit a snag. Please see pics below. I will try to explain as best I can. First pic shows the fuel tank with the opening for the threaded line to go into. The second pic is the appropriate sized line and threaded nut to secure into the tank. The problem is, once I tighten it up, the line can simply slide in and out of the fitting....basically into the tank. (Pic 3 was the best way to show this)

I assume I am missing something to secure this fitting without the ability for it to slide? Any help and/or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hudsonly!, Mike

Comments

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Get a male/female fitting. Screw that into the tank then screw fuel line into fitting. The flare on end of tube should seal against same angle contact inside the fitting screwed on the tank. Tube will no longer move or rotate or leak.

Perhaps they removed the fitting before sealing the tank.

Good luck
    Lee O'Dell
  • Lee - I believe I have grown so accustomed to having to find some special part for everything, that my brain over complicated this rather simple fix. :) Thank you, sir for the quick assistance. Makes perfect sense, and I can finally just buy a part at a local parts store without ringing my good friend, Paul Schuster. Enjoy the day!

Mike
This discussion has been closed.