Barn find in Sweden

Comments

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    edited November 2014
    Looks nice ; if I have guessed right at the price they are asking about $11,500 for it or around £7,500

According to Google the Swedish narrative translates to this :

"Maroon Hudson 1937 model , 6 cylinder, 98 hp , fine specimen .
    Registered in 1938, shut down in 1975 and then kept in a heated garage.
    General examination is needed as well as renovation of the engine .
    Various engine parts and engine blocks included.
    Complete replacement engine can be purchased."
  • Yes thats correct, original car! Rare to find in Sweden, it must have been stored in a barn or something from 38, cars rust very fast if they stand outdoor.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Interesting!  The car seems to have the "commercial" style (non plastic) 1937 hood ornament.  My car (which was exported to Denmark when new) also had this ornament.  It leads me to believe that European countries might have had certain safety regulations that banned potentially-lethal hood ornaments (like the treacherous "flying carrot").  Also, this red car seems to have "Trafficator" turn signal wings.  My car also had them, although they were located a bit higher on the cowl.  Undoubtedly this car has its Hudson speedometer calibrated in kilometers, as mine does.  There were a few other differences between American and export versions of the Hudsons, as well.
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Interesting!  The car seems to have the "commercial" style (non plastic) 1937 hood ornament.  My car (which was exported to Denmark when new) also had this ornament.  It leads me to believe that European countries might have had certain safety regulations that banned potentially-lethal hood ornaments (like the treacherous "flying carrot").  Also, this red car seems to have "Trafficator" turn signal wings.  My car also had them, although they were located a bit higher on the cowl.  Undoubtedly this car has its Hudson speedometer calibrated in kilometers, as mine does.  There were a few other differences between American and export versions of the Hudsons, as well.

My '33 Terraplane Eight was sold new in Norway and had the trafficators, Lucas brand. It also had marks on the sidewalls of the tyres that took a while to figure out - from chains!

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    "It leads me to believe that European countries might have had certain safety regulations that banned potentially-lethal hood ornaments (like the treacherous "flying carrot")."

LOL!  Sounds like the beginning of one of my old man's stories.  
This discussion has been closed.