marv
marv Member
edited November 2014 in HUDSON
Hi-I have had a long relationship with Hudsons. I learned to drive in the family 1941 traveler 6. I was a part owner of a 1937 hudson with a eight engine that we raced at Belmont speedway in Belmont, ca. It was quite competitive and could beat flat head Fords.I then owned a 1949 super 6 coupe for a number of years.
I also worked as a Automotive Machinist for a number of years and rebuilt several  Hudson engines. I had a 1947 Comodore 6 sedan that I finally sold about 20 years ago.
       My current interest is using a Hudson Eight engine in a HAMB dragster. I realize that splash lube engines are not all that popular, but I always had good luck with them and hope the show their performance possibilities.
                                                                                 Marv.

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome, Marv!

We have welcomed lots of people to this forum who are new to Hudsons, but it's always great to see folks who knew Hudsons "back in the day".

If you have any interesting memories to share -- about racing, driving or rebuilding Hudsons -- please share them with us.  And any old photos, as well.

As a matter of fact, the editor of the Hudson club's magazine,  The White Triangle News -- which you may know of -- might be interested in some of your recollections.  Especially if they were accompanied by photos. 
This discussion has been closed.