1930 Essex roadster on Ebay, West Virginia -- $435 (yes!)

Comments

• Wow. Very cool car. It's currently up to $1575 with more than 6 days remaining. Did you read the write-up by chance? This car was the President of Bolivia's personal car and they have documentation to prove it. Chevy engine, but everything else seems very Essex.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

Headlights and wheels not Essex. Probably has more mods then the owner knows about. Still a nice start,

if you have a sedan parts car.

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    now up to a more realistic 1,775.00.  Still a bargain, given the rarity
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    Anybody have a clue on the cowl lights? Mounted with what looks like a chrome band around the cowl? I realize a roadster would have some oddball parts but this car seems to have them in spades. Some weird piece on the grille down by the crankhole too.I've got some spare parts/running gear that I've been laying back for my 30 coupe so this does kinda have my attention.

• TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    It would make a nice companion piece to the 1930's Bolivian Curtiss warbird that the neighbor picked up last year. Lol

Bolivian Curtiss Wright CW-19R first flight
  • bones1931
    bones1931 Expert Adviser
         Car just recently relisted with a reserve or a buy now price of $7899.50 US. The 1930 Essex Roadster came with no cowl lights.
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    And the auction seems to have been pulled again... crap.
  • Spencer Yarrow
    Spencer Yarrow Expert Adviser
    The open cars had the park lights incorporated in the headlights
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
  • bones1931
    bones1931 Expert Adviser
    Looks like it sold for the buy now price of $9000 Can.?
  • faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    I think that is basically correct.
This discussion has been closed.