Stepdown interior Material

pseftoncomcastnet
pseftoncomcastnet Senior Contributor
I understand that upholstery kits aren't available for Hudsons the way they are for Fords or Chevys.

I'm fortunate in that my '51 Commodore has acceptable seats and carpets out of a couple salvage cars. But I'm drawing a blank on the heavy vinyl material that covers the interior pillars and the lower section of the doors. Mine is a dark marbled blue and is pretty chewed up. I'm not so sure some of it could even be used for patterns.

Does anyone have an idea for a source or at least a functional replacement?

Peter s.

Comments

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    edited October 2014
    Go to...

smsautofabrics.com

Portland, Oregon

• pseftoncomcastnet
    Awesome news!

;I had seen through the link to Bob's Glass on the Stepdown Restoration page, but I guess I was getting a little pessimistic when I didn't see any Hudson samples.

My originals are awful. Can't tell whether my Commodore served time as a doghouse or a checken coop.

peter s.
  • I also got some stuff from SMS and it was a good match for the marbled blue for my 52. You may have to be patient with SMS but 6 months later they finally got it right for me.
    Thanks!
    Scott
  • pseftoncomcastnet

Do you recommend sending them a sample of the material?

Peter S.

• If you call them and request specifically, they will send you a really nice sample set.  They have two shades of the striped fabric for 52.

Thanks!

-Scott

This discussion has been closed.