Our 52 Won the 50's car class at the local car show yesterday

Hey all,

Took our 52 to the local car show for my upholstery shop to advertise last weekend (I just had the interior redone in the original blue vinyl and striped fabric).  They went ahead and entered it in the show as I had to coach my kids in soccer for the day.  Anyhoo, we ended up winning the 50's class!  Cracked me up!

Just one more motivating factor for you all to get your Hudson's out and get them some attention. 

Thanks!

-Scott

Comments

• Congrats Scott! Beautiful car. Well deserved!
  • Yea but where's the money shot of the interior?
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    edited October 2014

Good old girl.  It's won several class and people's choice awards while I had it.  It also spent a year in Northeast Classic Cars Museum, and 2 years as a Hornadore with the Royer 254 Eight

Supposedly belonged to Dealer's wife in E. Worcester, NY, then Jim Maney's stable, then Eric Deumler, the body man for Habrick Hudson, in Amsterdam, NY, then I had it for 11 yrs, replaced all the valve guides and had them ground, new rings to fix the 5 broken top compressions, rebuilt the carbs, reverted from electronic to standard ignition etc.

It needed a new owner, and I had too many Hudsons.  I'm now down to 8. 

The drive-in was a showing of 'CARS'

• Here are some pics of the interior per your request.

Thanks!

-Scott

• Btw, Larry - It's funny it sat next to that MG TF in the museum.  It lives some of the time in my garage next to my TF as well...:)  The car must have a thing for the British....:)

-Scott

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Looks great, Scott.  Where did you get the striped material? 
  • Unfortunately, I had to get it from SMS.  They took forever and gave me and the upholstery shop the run around for months before it finally showed up.

-Scott

• Nice-looking car.  No reason for it NOT winning at shows.  keith
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Wow!  Congratulations on your "win" and I'm happy that you're getting this car out and about, for the public to see.  So often, nowadays, Hudson owners seem only to either attend exclusively-Hudson meets or just leave their cars in the garage!

I feel "invested" in this car, as I drove over with Unca Josh to see it before he even bought it, then I was privileged to ride in it, over the years that Unk owned it.  One of the few Hornets that's had a straight eight!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser

Good old girl.  It's won several class and people's choice awards while I had it.  It also spent a year in Northeast Classic Cars Museum, and 2 years as a Hornadore with the Royer 254 Eight

Supposedly belonged to Dealer's wife in E. Worcester, NY, then Jim Maney's stable, then Eric Deumler, the body man for Habrick Hudson, in Amsterdam, NY, then I had it for 11 yrs, replaced all the valve guides and had them ground, new rings to fix the 5 broken top compressions, rebuilt the carbs, reverted from electronic to standard ignition etc.

It needed a new owner, and I had too many Hudsons.  I'm now down to 8. 

The drive-in was a showing of 'CARS'

all things good... I first got to see this car before Jim Many bought it.  It was at a garage that my Dad used to have his 52 C8 serviced. E Worcester is the next town west of where I grew up and the place my Gr Dad had a farm in those days.   Glad you hung on the car Scott... thought it had gone to the north land in trade.   
  • Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Scott

Great looking Hudson. The upholstery is impressive. Congratulatiions on the win.

Lee O'Dell
  • Larry- I had actually traded it after I fixed some other misc things but before the interior was done. At the last minute, the guy I was trading with took a different option. So, I got to finish the interior and have been cruising in it ever since.
    May sell it one of these days but to be honest I am not real motivated right now.
    Thanks!
    Scott
This discussion has been closed.